Recycling and dismantling of scrapped cars in China


The recycling and dismantling of end-of-life cars in China is mainly handled by specialized scrap car recycling and dismantling companies. In addition to the recycling of scrap cars, dismantling, briquetting and scrap steel processing are all completed in the dismantling companies. The dismantled old parts continue to circulate and sell, and the body briquettes and the primary processed steel scrap are sold to steel companies.

Scrap cars are generally purchased directly from car owners by scrap car recycling and dismantling companies, mainly through the business personnel of the scrap car recycling companies to provide services to the car owners, including the agency for the cancellation of vehicles to obtain the source of scrap cars. A very small amount of waste cars are directly handed over to waste car recycling companies by car owners, which is similar to the situation in my country. The price is negotiated between the buyer and the seller. The average price of each scrap car is about RMB 330. There is no geographical restriction on the purchase of scrap cars. Competition among recycling companies is fierce. How to receive enough scrap cars is the company's most important task for survival. Therefore, all companies regard the methods and methods of collecting vehicles as trade secrets. After the scrap car company recycles the scrap car, it will issue a "Car Recycling Certificate" to the car owner, and the car owner will go to the relevant vehicle management agency to go through the car cancellation procedures based on the certificate. The license plate was destroyed on the spot by the waste car recycling company.

After the scrap car recycling and dismantling company acquires scrap cars, it first disassembles and collects hazardous wastes such as air conditioners, batteries, and waste engine oil, and takes measures to dispose of them separately according to environmental protection requirements; then disassembles the old parts that can be used In the end, stockpiling, sales, and dismantling of old parts are basically not inspected and processed. During the transaction, the quality and value of the parts are judged based on the experience of the buyer and the seller, and the price is negotiated. Currently, relevant laws in South Korea prohibit the circulation and reuse of engines, steering gears, and braking systems. However, in the two scrap car dismantling companies we visited, these three parts were dismantled for export or domestic sales. This is the place where South Korea’s current scrapped car recycling supervision is weak. Used parts are mainly sold to Southeast Asia, The Middle East and other regions are said to have also been sold to my country's Anhui Province (in fact, it should be said that it is smuggling). After dismantling the car seats containing non-metallic materials, they are incinerated in a waste car recycling company. Disassemble the remaining body and press it into pieces at the scrap car company. Scrap car blocks are generally sold to steel companies for recycling, and some are sliced and broken by scrap car companies before being sold.

Judging from the site visit, the management of Korean scrapped car dismantling companies is rather chaotic, and violations of regulations are common. This is very different from the situation in Japan.

Scrap car briquetting is mainly used in scrap car recycling companies, iron and steel companies or professional metal slicing plants to slice, crush and sort. The metal smash is supplied to scrap metal application companies, which contains many impurities. If it is supplied to steel mills for steelmaking, further sorting and processing are required. Other unusable waste is used for incineration or landfill.

Calculated by weight, the reuse of parts and components accounts for 20-25% of the weight of the waste car, and the weight of the broken items accounts for 75-80%, of which 75% are metal shreds, and the remaining 25% (plastic, glass, etc.) are landfilled Or burn.
  • QR